Demand for this event has skyrocketed, and last year we filled to capacity with 20 teams. As of 1/12/17 we are full.
This low-key play date is offered early in the season and is targeted for teams with little previous experience. Each team will get three matches.
Though officials will be provided and score will be kept, this tournament will be less about competition and more about learning rules, rotations, score keeping, etc.. We will not be crowning a tournament champion.
As part of the play date we will provide scorekeeping instruction to parents who are new to the sport. It was a big hit for those who attended in previous years.
Simply download the embedded 2017 MS tourney registration form, fill it out, and mail it to the address indicated on the form. Enclose your registration fee if you are able; if not, we will hold your slot until you have collected player fees from your athletes.
The competition schedule will be posted on this website about a week prior to the event.
- Doors open at 7:00 a.m.; scorekeeping instruction commences at 8:00 and competition begins at 9:00
- to the extent possible we have endeavored to pair “A” teams with “A” teams and “B” with “B”.
- With few exceptions, teams follow the same rythm they would find in a standard tournament with four-team pools (i.e., play – rest – play – rest – rest – play)
It’s going to be crowded in the gym. We will provide enough tables for 16 teams to use 1/2 table for food inside the gym. If the weather is nice, tailgating outside is permitted and encouraged. If you avail yourselves of this option, please set up your tents in the grassy area in front of SVC’s premises- as shown in the picture below — NOT in the parking field and certainly not in front of our neighbors’ vehicles. Please do not bring your own tables into the gym, as we do not have room for them.
Children under 10 are admitted free. All others will need to pay a $5/person entrance fee.
There should be sufficient parking on site for this tournament. If the front lot is full, there is room — along with a second entrance — to the rear of the building. If the back is full, please park in the AT&T lot across the street. Please realize that Southern Volleyball Center is not the only occupant of the building; we ask you to respect the property and the rights of the other tenants by:
- NOT parking on the grass or any reserved or handicap spots. If you violate this request you will be towed.
- Staying away from trucks and trailers parked in the truck court to the rear of the building
- Picking up your own trash when you break down and putting it in the dumpster.
We look forward to a fun and instructive early-season event. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact one of the following: