This tournament highlights the youngsters. Incorporating 10 – 14 club and 12 – 14 power divisions, the emphasis of this tournament is on Youth and Fun and has become one of the season’s highlights for younger teams from throughout the Southeast.
Divisions & Venues
- 13/14 power will compete at Johns Creek High School in the a.m. wave
- 14 club will compete at Johns Creek High School in the p.m. wave
- 13 club will compete at Southern Volleyball Center in the p.m. wave
- 12 club will compete at Southern Volleyball Center, with two pools in the a.m. wave and one pool in the p.m. wave
- 11 club will compete at Southern Volleyball Center in the a.m. wave
Venues will remain the same throughout the weekend. i.e., if you are playing at, say, SVC on Saturday you will be playing there on Sunday as well.
Schedule is now posted on AES. (Note that it was changed slightly on 3/14.)
There will be no coaches meeting prior to the commencement of competition. Rather, we post a 2018 coaches packet – youth festival r1 which we ask that coaches download and review in its entirety. We also ask that coaches check in to the tournament desk near the entrance to the facility at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement of competition.
While we have no stay-to-play policy at this tournament, we have blocked out rooms for teams competing at this event. Most hotels will offer a breakfast, kid friendly services, budget conscious rates, and amenities to enhance your stay. Each hotel is strategically located just minutes from the tournament venue.
If your team will be playing at Southern Volleyball Center (SVC)
Fairfield Inn and Suites Alpharetta
11385 Haynes Bridge Rd
Alpharetta, GA 30004
$79/nt breakfast included
Please call hotel and ask for a room in the Youth Festival block . If you need a block for your team, please call Susan Holbrook 678-300-6509
Registration is closed
Gate: There will be a charge for admission of $5/day at both venues.
Food tables are allowed at SVC and tables will be furnished . Please note that we are space constrained, so we ask that you NOT bring your own tables into the gym. Instead, please use the food tables that we provide. (1/2 table per team). Food tables are allowed at the other venues but we recommend that you bring your own tables. Please visit the location tabs to get more specific parking and/or food table info by venue. You may set tables up outside at most venues.
One last note about food tables. We would like to continue to allow them as a convenience to our customers. While they present few problems during pool play on Saturday, they have become a source of aggravation on Sunday. What happens is that those teams that play early on Sunday take the available table space, and those who play later in the day arrive before the early-playing teams have left, spawning complaints and in many instances unacceptably rude behavior. Accordingly, we ask teams to adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you play early, please remove your stuff from the tables and clean up behind you as soon as your team has completed play (NOT after they have completed their final reffing assignment).
- If you play later and arrive before food tables have cleared, please be patient. It may take a few hours, but they will clear. Feed your kids before arriving at the venue.
- If you simply can’t wait, set your table up outside. Tailgating is a popular solution when the weather is nice. (Please don’t take a parking spot, though, as parking, too, is limited.)
- In all instances, please clean up the mess you have caused as best you can.
Team food tables at volleyball tournaments are a charming tradition that exists only in the South, but in venues that are space-constrained they seem to have become a source of aggravation rather than an amenity. If teams adhere to the above guidelines we will be able continue the tradition at our tournaments, but if food tables continue to be the focus of complaints, frustration and rude behavior, we will simply do what the rest of the country does and disallow them. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Artificial Noise — Please do not bring boom boxes, air horns, bells or the like into the gym.
Tournament Logistics & Operations Briana Johnson, SVT Administrator email@example.com (404) 683-9494
Scheduling & Registration Questions Michael Fletcher – Tournament Director firstname.lastname@example.org 404.936.6723
Housing Information Denise Corrigan – Housing Director email@example.com 678.386.9766