When — Competition will commence on Saturday, January 19th and conclude on MLK Day, Monday, January 21, 2019. Registration will open October 1, 2018 through Advanced Event Systems.
Cost is $595/team.
Venues/Waves/Schedule — we are pleased to post the tentative waves and venues for tournament participants to facilitate hotel reservations for those traveling from out of town. These would change only in the event of a significant influx of late registrations:
- SSA – a.m. wave: 18C/18P; 12C/12P
- SSA – p.m.wave: 15P/16P; 13P/14P will be split between the two venues
- JCHS – a.m. wave: 13C/14C
- JCHS- p.m. wave: 15C/16C; 13P/14P will be split between the two venues
The competitive schedule will be posted the weekend prior to the event on AES.
Coaches Meeting — There will be no coaches meeting at this tournament. Rather, we will give coaches one coaches packet per team upon check-in, and it will be upploadable by pressing coaches packet – southern dream 2019. This packet contains a detailed description of each division’s format, along with information that will be of use for all tournament participants and spectators.
Gate — Adults will be charged $10/day; $25 for a weekend pass. Children under 10 are free. Wrist bands are honored at all venues.
Hotels — Though the Southern Dream is not a stay-to-play event, we have blocked out rooms close to SSA for the convenience of our guests:
Courtyard by Marriott
310 Celebration Ave, Suwanee, GA 30024
770-831-7473 ($119/night with breakfast included)
At SSA: Team food tables are not permitted. The cafe will be open and offering a wide variety of healthy snacks and food. You may pack food and drink in your backpacks and purses to bring into the facility, but we ask that platters of food, centerpieces, decorations, tables and coolers stay in the car, as the past practice of reserving tables for participating teams has proven to create more problems than it has solved. The tables in the cafe area are to be used by cafe customers. If you choose to sit there, please simply eat your meal and relinquish your seat to another hungry spectator as soon as you are done.
- At JCHS: food tables are permitted but you must bring your own talbes.
- Parking at SSA is limited. While early-birds should be able to park on site without problem, those arriving later and/or as the a.m. wave is shifting to the p.m.,may have to park on Burnette Rd. or one of its arterial streets. The lower lot is available as well; we will have signage. Please do not park in the upper church lot; again we will have signage. If you park on Burnette Rd., make sure that your tires are fully off the road and on the shoulder. Please do not park in the parking lot of a nearby business, as they may tow you. Drivers should either come early to get a spot, or drop your passengers off at the front door, but bring your walking shoes.
- Parking at JCHS is plentiful and obvious. .
Artificial Noise — Please do not bring boom boxes, air horns, bells or the like into the gym.
Winners Invited to Beast — Winners of the Power Division of the Dream will automatically secure a Champion’s Exemption to the prestigious Beast of the Southeast Tournament of Champions in 2020. The only other way to secure an automatic invitation to Beast is to qualify for USAV Nationals or roll the dice and hope for an at-large invitation. Yet another reason to be Dreamin’ on MLK weekend.
If you do not find the information you need on this page please feel free to contact Briana Johnson at email@example.com and she can help point you in the right direction.