The sanctioning body for the 2020 Mizuno Southern Dream is USAV
When — Competition will commence on Saturday, January 18th and conclude on MLK Day, Monday, January 20, 2020. Registration will open October 1, 2019 through Advanced Event Systems. Though this weekend falls withing a Quiet Period for NCAA Div I this year, we have arranged for players at the Dream to Be Seen not only by grandma and grandpa, but by their prospective college coaches as well, in that every match will be live streamed by Baller TV.
Cost is $625/team.
Schedule — is now posted on AES. Some things you should know:
- 12’s will compete on Saturday and Sunday only
- 15’s and 16’s will compete at SVC on Saturday and Sunday, but on Monday they will compete at SSA
- Please pay special attention to the start times noted on the schedule. In several instances the p.m. wave commences prior to the more traditional 3 p.m.
Coaches Meeting — There will be no coaches meeting at this or any of our tournaments. Rather, we will give coaches a coaches packet upon check-in, and it will be uploadable by clicking this link: coaches-packet-southern-dream-2020 . This packet will contain a detailed description of each division’s format, along with information that will be of use for all tournament participants and spectators.
Gate — Adults will be charged $10/day; $25 for a weekend pass. Children under 10 are free. Wrist bands are honored at both venues.
Hotels — Though the Southern Dream is not a stay-to-play event, we have blocked out rooms close to SSA for the convenience of our guests:
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
105 Celebration Ave, Suwanee, GA 30024
770-932-9292 ($119/night with breakfast included)
At SSA: Team food tables are not permitted. The cafe will be open and offering a wide variety of healthy snacks and food. You may pack food and drink in your backpacks and purses to bring into the facility, but we ask that platters of food, centerpieces, decorations, tables and coolers stay in the car, as the past practice of reserving tables for participating teams has proven to create more problems than it has solved. The tables in the cafe area are to be used by cafe customers. If you choose to sit there, please simply eat your meal and relinquish your seat to another hungry spectator as soon as you are done.
- At SVC: food tables are permitted and we will provide tables. Space is constrained, so teams are limited to 1/2 table per team.
- Parking at SSA has been expanded. While early-birds should be able to park on site without problem, those arriving later and/or as the a.m. wave is shifting to the p.m.,may have to park at a newly constructed lot across McGinnis Ferry and connected to SSA via tunnel. If you park on Burnette Rd., make sure that your tires are fully off the road and on the shoulder. Please do not park in the parking lot of a nearby business, as they may tow you. Drivers should either come early to get a spot, or drop your passengers off at the front door, but bring your walking shoes.
- Parking at SVC may be a challenge. If the front lot is full, we have plenty of room – as well as an entrance to the facility — in back. If that is full, please park across Hembree Rd. in the Fulton County Public Works lot. We will have an attendant on duty to assist.
Artificial Noise — Please do not bring boom boxes, air horns, bells or the like into the gym.
If you do not find the information you need on this page please feel free to contact Briana Johnson at email@example.com and she can help point you in the right direction.