2017 REGISTRATION IS LIVE!!
The fourth annual High Academic Volleyball Showcase will be held on June 10th, 2017 at The Southern Volleyball Center. Last year’s event was termed a “10” by all of the coaches and players with whom we spoke. Over 100 brainiac athletes were on hand to display their volleyball skills to college coaches ranging from big Division I programs like Georgia Tech and Florida State (they like smart athletes too!), to smaller, academic-focused institutions like Agnes Scott and Berry College. A complete listing of coaches who have scouted our High Academic Showcase is included here.
For the past nine years, A5 Volleyball Club has hosted the Southern Volleyball Showcase in early December, a recruiting combine that typically attracts 450 athletes and 100-125 college coaches. The High Academic Showcase is smaller and focused exclusively on matching colleges/universities with high academic standards with prospective student-athletes with the grades and scores necessary to secure admission and thrive in such an environment.
Rising freshmen and older — who meet the event’s academic guidelines. We are looking for GPA’s of 3.5 or higher; ACT’s of 25 or higher and/or SAT scores (or equivalent PSAT’s) of 1100 and up (math & verbal total). These are guidelines rather than absolute requirements.
Saturday, June 10, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. – noon (Wave I) and 1:00 pm – 5:00 p.m. (Wave II). Players only participate in one wave. We ask that athletes arrive 30 minutes early to sign in, stretch and warm up. College coaches may bring collateral materials and/or admissions representatives, as we will devote some space for use as a “college fair”.
Southern Volleyball Center
11415 Old Roswell Rd; Alpharetta, GA, 30009 (approximately 20 miles due north of downtown Atlanta).
$85 per athlete; no charge for college coaches
Contact Denise Corrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of housing.
Showcase Participants Weigh In
– “Just wanted to let you know that (the High Academic Showcase) was the most organized and overall well-done combine I have ever attended!
– “Great job to all involved!”
– “Very impressed with the talent level.”
– “Wow! I haven’t gotten a workout like that all year!”
– “What a great idea! This is probably the most efficient recruiting event of the year for me — I get to see 100 – 150 (academically) pre-qualified athletes in a 6 – 7 hour period. ….and they can downright PLAY!”
– “My daughter received emails from five college coaches within the first 3 days following the (High Academic) Showcase. THANK YOU!”