We get several calls a week asking when we are going to re-institute our ultra-popular Adult Open Gym on Friday nights. We are delighted to inform you that we’ll be back in business beginning Friday, 9/11/20.
We’ve instituted several change, however, so please read on:
- We remain cognizant of the Pandemic environment and are instituting several safety guidelines:
- Temperatures will be taken upon check-in and anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be sent home.
- Masks will be worn at all times in the gym EXCEPT during competition.
- Please refrain from touching other players (e.g., high fives), and maintain social distancing to the extent possible.
- Pay with credit cards, please. No cash.
- We’re at a new location. SVC has closed, and Friday night Adult Open gym will henceforth be at the brand new, 12- court A5 Sportsplex at 11000 Alpharetta Highway.
- Time is 6:30 – 10:30 p.m.
- Cost is $10. We will have packages available for frequent players that can reduce the cost per session to as low as $6.
- We will be playing on seven courts, which serves the dual purpose of maximizing time on the court while encouraging social distancing.
Registration will take a few minutes, so please be prepared. You may preregister by doing the following: go to https://volleyperformance.pike13.com/group_classes/247837#/list?dt=2020-09-11<=staff and follow the prompts.
It is possible that we will have to cancel Open Gym a couple of times during the year. In this event, we will a) post signage at the front desk the week(s) prior to closure; b) post a message to that effect on this website; and c) send an email blast to our adult email list. ….which brings up an important point: please make sure that we have an accurate email address for you so that we can notify you of any closures and/or special events. Otherwise, there is no need to call to confirm that we’re open; just show up when you can and find a court that suits your skill level. If you need help finding the court that best fits your skill level, ask the Gym Manager for assistance.
Volleyball is a social sport. Though the Sportsplex doesn’t have a liquor license, we want you to know it is OK for adults to quaff a coke or a beer or two that you bring to our facility after you’ve finished playing. Please do not bring beverages onto our fancy new floor, however. …and we do ask that you drink responsibly