ADULT OPEN GYM IS OPEN ON THANKSGIVING FRIDAY (11/24/17)
Friday night Adult Open Gym at SVC is proving to be wildly popular, attracting 90 – 100 or more players on a given Friday in the dead of winter; 60 – 80 during the warmer months. It starts every Friday at 6:00 p.m. and runs until 10:30.
We have two options to pay:
1. Infrequent participants can continue to come on a one-off basis, paying $7/session
2. More active players may pay a $15 membership fee up front, and play all year for $5 per session. This makes sense if you expect to play eight or more times during the year.
In order to maximize the playing experience of every adult participating, we have put the following structure in place for evenings in which we are busy:
- The Gym Manager will place sign-up sheets in a central location and monitor their use. These will be in place at the beginning of the night, so as soon as anyone is waiting for a court, the system is in place for them to sign in. He will also be able to answer questions and assist newcomers on their proper placement on the court.
- Players may not sign up for two courts simultaneously.
- Once a set is complete, the losing team is to exit the court and the waiting team will take their place.
- In the event that two or more teams are waiting to play on a given court, the winning team, too, must exit the court after their second win. The one exception to this rule is court five, in which the winning team may remain in place for as long as they keep winning.
- We will place signage on each of the courts to help assist with skill levels. Generally speaking, the skill level will increase along with the court number; i.e., beginner/intermediate players will play on court one and A/AA players on court five.
- The gym manager will have the prerogative and responsibility to ask players to move up or down skill levels if theirs is significantly different from the level at which they are playing.
NOTE–it is possible that we will have to cancel Open Gym a couple of times during the year. In this event, we will a) post signage at the front desk the week(s) prior to closure; b) post a message to that effect on this website; and c) send an email blast to our adult email list. ….which brings up an important point: please make sure that we have an accurate email address for you so that we can notify you of any closures and/or special events. Otherwise, there is no need to call to confirm that we’re open; just show up when you can and find a court that suits your skill level. If you need help finding the court that best fits your skill level, ask the Gym Manager for assistance.
SVC’s Alcohol Policy
Volleyball is a social sport. Though SVC doesn’t have a liquor license, we want you to know it is OK for adults to quaff a beer or two that you bring to our facility after you’ve finished playing. We do ask that you drink responsibly